Arranged thematically across a range of topics, this volume will deepen and extend the enjoyment and understanding of Jonathan Swift for students and scholars. The thirteen essays explore crucial dimensions of Swift's life and works.
As well as ensuring a broad coverage of Swift's writing - including early and later works as well as the better known and the lesser known - the Companion also offers a way into current critical and theoretical issues surrounding the author. Special emphasis is placed on Swift's vexed relationship with the land of his birth, Ireland; and on his place as a political writer in a highly politicised age.
Infobase Publishing - Critical Companion to Henry James
The Companion offers a lucid introduction to these and other issues, and raises questions about Swift and his world. The volume features a detailed chronology and a guide to further reading. Chronology of Swifts life.
List of abbreviations. Politics and history. Swift the Irishman. Language and style. Swift and religion.
Neoclassical British Literature
A Tale of a Tub and early prose. It also contains entries on Whitman's family, friends, relatives, and acquaintances; and important places where he Contains entries on Walt Whitman's poems, from the widely recognized "Song of Myself," Celebrates the American writer who in his works confronted and explored the social fabric of the United States in the early 20th century. More than entries include synopses of his novels, short stories, and nonfiction; descriptions of his characters, details about family, friends, and associates.
Celebrates the American writer who in his works confronted and explored the social fabric of the Known for his favorite themes of New England and nature, Robert Frost may well be the most famous American poet of the 20th century. This is an encyclopedic guide to the life and works of this great American poet. It combines critical analysis with information on Frost's life, providing a one-stop resource for students.
The Works of the Rev. Jonathan Swift, D.D. ...: With Notes, Historical and Critical
Known for his favorite themes of New England and nature, Robert Frost may well be the most famous Toni Morrison, winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature in , is perhaps the most important living American author. This work examines Morrison's life and writing, featuring critical analyses of her work and themes, as well as entries on related topics and relevant people, places, and influences.
Toni Morrison, winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature in , is perhaps the most important living Offers critical entries on Hawthorne's novels, short stories, travel writing, criticism, and other works, as well as portraits of characters, including Hester Prynne and Roger Chillingworth. This reference also provides entries on Hawthorne's family, friends - ranging from Herman Melville to President Franklin Pierce - publishers, and Offers critical entries on Hawthorne's novels, short stories, travel writing, criticism, and Toggle navigation.
- (PDF) A critical companion to James Joyce | Lyly Ló - talpuncjumboa.tk;
- Disordered Alloys: Diffuse Scattering and Monte Carlo Simulations;
- Ethiopia in the Modern World (Explorations of Africa).
- Yeast Cytokinesis: Methods and Protocols.
- Works under MDS 828.509;
- Where we are.
New to eBooks. Critical Companion Series.
- Table of contents for Critical companion to William Butler Yeats.
- Gulliver's Travels Sources and ClassicNote Author.
- Chemical Events in the Atmosphere and their Impact on the Environment: Proceedings of A Study Week at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences?
- Critical companion to Jonathan Swift : a literary reference to his life and works /.
- Scripting Intelligence: Web 3.0 Information Gathering and Processing?
- The Cambridge Companion to Jonathan Swift - Fox - Google книги.
- ENGL 2322 - British Literature: The Restoration and the 18th Century.